Just like home owners immensely enjoy the benefits that solar energy can provide for their houses, your business can also gain a lot from adopting such a system. While there are disadvantages to harvesting the energy provided by the sun, they are outnumbered by the advantages. Read on to learn about the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy for business.
Why should your business opt for installing solar energy panels? If you are thinking of following the example of the many colleges and universities that have decided to go with commercial solar panels, please consider the following:
- Solar panels provide high flexibility. Even if your company does not have a huge garden to install these panels, they could go just as well on the roof of your building or any nearby place that suits you. All you have to do is to make sure that they are in direct contact with the sun.
- Solar panels never pollute. As a company, you should know how important it is to be socially responsible, and since your clients always appreciate a company that is well developed from a CSR point of view, it is high time you went green and adopted a solar energy system.
- If your business is in a remote area, think of how expensive it is to install new high voltage lines and to maintain your electrical network. In case of solar panels, even though they are a little expensive, costs are still lower than if you had to install all the regular electrical equipment necessary for the proper functioning of your business.
- Plus, did you know that there are many government incentives for individuals and businesses who decide to use solar energy?
Unfortunately, there are some issues you have to take into consideration before installing solar panels.
- While they are pollution-free, solar panels may be affected by pollution coming from other means. Smoke, for instance, can cause the system to become less efficient.
- Consider you local climate as well, because if you live in an area which is mostly rainy and cloudy, the solar panels will not be able to provide all the energy that your business needs.
With all the advantages and disadvantages mentioned above, solar panels are still a sound investment for your business. Keep in mind that, even though the initial investment is quite large, the ROI will be very appealing, as companies are the highest consumers of electricity, with the need to power huge buildings and sometimes, high voltage equipment as well. And solar energy is free.